Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Men......!!!

 
 
Happy Tuesday everyone!! I hope this finds all you lovely people well?
 
What a shame the snow has all vanished here ( felix, however is VERY pleased about that ! ) I really do love the stuff as oppossed to the gales and torrential rain that replaced it - there is something so peaceful and romantic about the view of snow covered fields from the art room.....
 
 
Well valentines is not far off so this week I will be working on some ideas for then and I will hopefully share them by the end of the week. In the meantime I thought I would show you a couple of male card ideas - I think all of us struggle with ideas for guys especially if they arent sporty or into hobbies....!!!!
 
 
These two cards use Clarity and Kanban stamps. The card on the right is acetate fronted with one of the balloons affixed to offer some dimension and the background was created using brayer and sponging techniques. the balloons are all stamped and coloured with alcohol markers.
 
 
This second card uses lots of masking off to achieve the layered effect - then the subtle (so subtle its not that visible to the camera !!) script background was applied before the individual scenes were built and sponged in.
 
Guys that are sporty are far easier to deal with......
 
.....this needs little intro or explanation it was a comission for a friends brother's 40th ! My friend supports everton and thought the 4-0 scoreline a highly amusing dig at the recipient's liverpool! the card was created using a liverpool skyline vector and a liver bird mask taken from the internet and hand cut.
 
 
This one was made as part of the Clarity New Design Club challenge. The theme was  red white and blue olympics.....it took the same idea as above using an internet sillhoette to create an aperture which was then brayered through. Being a thrifty crafter the ribbon came off a jubilee cake !!! lol. 
 
Well thats the lot for now - I hope you like the samples and find some inspiration !! I have a list of craft jobs as long as a giraffes neck so I really ought to crack on.......well after another brew anyway !!
 
Stay safe and crafty cheers for now !!
 
Rae
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. These are fab Rae and that picture of the snow is stunning hugs hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae - great ideas for men's cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am lucky to have that view from the craft room xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards Rae especially the first one
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Rae, just what I need, inspiration for men's cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just "popped" over to say as per instructions.
    These are great. Love themail art one in particular. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rae these cards are fabulous ! Not so keen on the Everton one as I live in a household that supports ManU lol only kidding! Will have to look for ManU! Great idea! Take care now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view from the window Rae.
    I especially like the card with the balloons, the effects are brilliant and I might have to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff Rae as always. Particularly love the stamp one x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right Rae I think most of us totally avoid Man cards if we can. These are really good, actually you have just given me an idea - thank you, I will let you know what it is. Sam

    ReplyDelete