Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Clarity Winter Challenge and Goodbye

Good morning everyone :-)

How are you enjoying this late Indian Summer we have been having? It's been glorious here in Cheshire the last few days and it seems set fair for a little while longer :-)

Well today brings the end of an "era" so to speak in my crafting life.
 This is my last DT piece for the Clarity Blog.

New challenges, new directions and new beginnings are calling :-)

Time is a very precious commodity and I have realised that I need to spend more time on things that are working for me, profiting my new business and offering me enjoyment. After all that is why I craft and why I set up this new venture. 

As a result adjustments were needed and one of them is an end to my Clarity Blog DT work. 

However I wanted to go out "in style" so to speak ...... and I hope this offering does just that :-) 

The theme this month is 

WINTER.


I have had this frame for a while and I knew that I wanted to do a winter "collage" for this project so it was perfect. I love scene building so I went to town creating these scenes from a limited colour palette of Adirondak Denim, Cranberry and Purple Twilight along with Distress Stormy Sky. 

The list of stamps used is rather a long one - so here goes :-)

Small Lone Spruce; Sprucescape ; Remountable Christmas Clear set, Remountable Sport set; miniature snowflake corner; Snowflake; snowflake 2010; Mistletoe Sprig; Christmas Window; Carriage as seen on TV; Large and medium lamp posts; Large naked birch tree; Large Naked Pine; Small ivy corner; Church and the Lesson 21 Trees

All bar the Lesson 21 trees are available HERE Lesson 21 for now are available here 



I knew I wanted a mix of winter scenes balanced with a selection of  patterns and a variety of background techniques. The first time I tried pattern building - my ol' head was in bits lol but its not as taxing as it seems with a little practice and patience. In the picture above It's almost as relaxin' as zentangle - honest :-)


I wanted to keep texture and interest with each piece and I love the softening effect of vellum (or you could use tracing paper) over the top of this skiing scene


Couldn't resist a nod to the cute with this "pile" of snowmen and Mr Robin :-)

The frame was decorated using PaperArtsy Fresco Paints (here) and Golden Glass bead Gel Medium. I used loads of crackle medium and iridescent paint with the glass bead medium to create lots and lots of texture on the frame. (Why doesn't texture photo so well!!!) All finished off with the FAB-U-LOUS Royal Amethyst Treasure gold.

Well that concludes my final "official" Clarity piece - though clarity will pop up in other future projects I am sure..

I do hope you like it :-)

Have fun creating for this month's winter challenge HERE

 Good Luck to you all :-)

Here's to exciting times ahead.

Crafty cheers for now

love

Rae

XXX






23 comments:

  1. Love this Rae, fab how you've mixed the scenes with wintery patterns x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rae you've certainly achieved your ambition of "going out in style". This is an amazing project and I love it all - the pile of snowmen is fabulous!
    Good luck in your new ventures - I'll miss you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am sure you will be missed by all at Clarity, this is gorgeous. Good luck for the future. take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're certainly going out with a bang! What a fabulous piece of art, I'm sure your talent will be greatly missed, but exciting things ahead for whoever gets you on their teams! Beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring make Rae, it's stunning! Wishing you well with what your craft journey has in store for you next...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have gone out in style Rae. It's a fab project. Lots of lovely details. Best wishes for the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is absolutely stunning Rae! I love scene building too and you have set us all a great example of what can be done if we take our time. I for one will miss your work on Clarity as it was you who introduced me to it and also bought me a wonderful birthday present......my first years subscription!!! I was going to say 'Good Luck' in your new adventures but you don't need it as you are one talented young lady and will go far in whatever you do. Take care my dear friend and I will see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning Rae and you are definately bowing out in style . wishing you good luck for the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is stunning Rae and you are definately bowing out in style . wishing you good luck for the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Rae...gobsmacked too ! Hope you feel positive with your efforts, you should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is awesome - so beautiful. A great way to go out in style!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you certainly have gone out in style Rae this project is beautiful. Good luck with your new Venture I hope it all goes well. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Luck for the future Rae and whatever it may hold.....Lovely project it was lovely to work with you even if it was not for very long. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning is the perfect word for this Rae, I will return to look at it often. Will miss you as part of the team, and your lovely creations. But I will be keeping and eye on your blog as I so enjoy seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. I wont be going far at all and I still have the lovely Splodgeaway DT and will be doing a lot more freelance work. So excited :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. you sure have gone out in style! this is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You most certainly have made your exit in style !! I absolutely love this frame and looking closely you can see the texture. Brilliant work by a brilliant lady. Well done and All the Best in your new ventures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous. Good luck in whatever it is you will be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning project, so much detail.

    Sylv xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this frame it is stunning, everything about it is beautiful... what a lovely project Rae x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appologies for my two instead of one comment (three with this) but both are true, I am new to blogging commenty thingy x

      Delete