Total Pageviews

Monday 26 November 2012

PaperArtsy Playday.....

Afternoon Folks !
 
How are we all?
 
 Well I should be making my way to a hospital appointment right now but little miss Hyacynth Hyundai is sat on the drive very poorly with herself hoping the very nice man from the RAC can make her better when he gets here ! So I thought I would kill this wait with a quick post.
 

Last week myself and the lovely Maria Simms got together for a play day with our stash from the NEC and this tag was one of the outcomes

 
 
The tag background was created using crackle glaze and the fabuloso-um-a-diddy fresco finish acrylics from PaperArtsy www.paperartsy.co.uk  which come in all lovely scrumptious colours and a range of finishes. Some random stamping with Clarity Holly finished the background and the hexagonal wood chips and then it all got a bit funky !! I decided to stamp using distress stains and one of the lovely new Lynn Perella Christmas stamp sets which was also from PaperArtsy.
 
When I did stamp the lady the distress stain seemed to resist the acrylic background and gave me a lovely soft watercolouresque type image! Not planned but a happy accident!! (did think of calling this post H is for How D'I Do That??? lol)  Loved it so I clear embossed it in UTEE and added some defining highlights in white acrylic!! The tag was finished with Treasure Gold metallic wax.
 
The washi tape Christmas tree (yes it is a tree I promise!!) was a technique I picked up from this months Scrap365 magazine. Although I am no scrapbooker I do love this magazine for all its tips, tricks and techniques
 
 
 
I hope you like my littl' offering today I would love to hear back from you! I have some exciting things to look forward too this week which I will reveal soon I hope! I am off now as Mr RAC man is here!
 
 
 Crafty cheers for now
 
Love and hugs Rae xxx

9 comments:

  1. Very different - love the colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona I am quite likin this new "messy" style! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rae well third time lucky hopefully lol!!! I love what you have done here and they are my kind of colours too! Are there anymore that you did on that craft day with Maria? Take care hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very messy Rae, the messier the better for me!! Lovely colours too. Hi there Crafty K! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this hun . Looks like you got loadsa stuff from nec. Bet you and Maria had a fab day playing. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love your tag - it looks very tactile x
    I saw Mrs Paperartsy doing her thing at the Nec, her work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do Like this....The colour is very differnt, in a nice way! The lady stamp I will have to look out for. XX

    ReplyDelete